We were hoping to help everyone stay warm and full with one of Stevie’s great recipes. Simple and tasty, just how we at Huntley Barbell like it.
Ingredients (Yields 6 servings):
2 pounds lean ground bison
1 poblano pepper (seeded and diced)
1 medium yellow onion (diced)
1 tbsp of olive oil
3 cans beans (we used kidney, black and navy)
1 can fire-roasted tomato
4 tbsp chili powder
2 tsbp cumin
3 cloves galic
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat.
- Add bison and cook until browned. (about 5 minutes)
- Mix in spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove meat with slotted spoon and set aside. Using the oil in the pot, add diced onions, poblano, and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Return bison to pot with drained beans and fire-roasted tomatoes and stir.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
Nutrition (per serving):
Top with your favorite healthy fat and some raw onion, then dig in!